[linux-dvb] Re: strange firmware loading problem

On Thursday 18 Nov 2004 21:20, Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 18, 2004 at 09:48:38PM +0100, Bernhard Stark wrote:
> > I've completely unmerged the old kernel-sources, deleted everything
> > in /usr/src, re-emerged official kernel-sources. Also deleted the modules
> > in /lib/modules. I've tried that with several kernels (from 2.6.5 to
> > 2.6.10). Still no success. :-(
>
> So installing random kernels didn't make the problem go away?
> I'm not surprised.
>
> > > see
> > > http://linuxtv.org/mailinglists/linux-dvb/2004/11-2004/msg00418.html
>
> Follow the debugging hints in that mail to find out what your problem is.
> - if firmware.agent is called at all
> - if the environment variables during firmware.agent execution are correct
> - if the firmware file is found and has correct permissions

To add to this: make sure you don't have some process using a large amount of
the CPU when the upload starts.

I have to confirm I'm having no problems with CVS head, 2.6.9 and a TDA10045
card here. I used the firmware(s) from CVS. I'm also using gentoo.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index