[linux-dvb] Re: Problem switching transponder in linux_2_4

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
I'm trying to switch from the old DVB driver to dvb-kernel.
Since I still use a kernel 2.4 based system I'm using the
dvb-kernel CVS driver version labeled "linux_2_4" as of
yesterday.

Although my initial tests yesterday looked good, I have meanwhile
encountered a problem. Sometimes, when zapping through channels
with VDR, channels on some transponders don't get tuned to
(black picture, no sound). If I then switch back and forth between
channels on the broken transponder and channels that work, at some
point the transponder actually does get tuned to and I get a picture and
sound.

The problem happens with Werner Fink's latest firmware, but also
with the firmware version before that one, so I guess it is not
firmware related. Needless to say that I don't have that problem
with the old DVB driver.

Can any of the driver developers imagine what could be causing this?
Was there maybe a fix in the 2.6 driver version that wasn't included
in the linux_2_4 branch?

My DVB device is a Siemens DVB-S Rev. 1.3.
Some additional info: apparently it is not a DiSEqC problem, since
the DiSEqC tester I have now inserted into the antenna cable always
shows the correct settings.

Klaus

Home | Main Index | Thread Index