[linux-dvb] Re: Problem switching transponder in linux_2_4

Marcus Metzler wrote:
"Klaus" == Klaus Schmidinger <Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de> writes:

    Klaus> I'm trying to switch from the old DVB driver to dvb-kernel.
    Klaus> Since I still use a kernel 2.4 based system I'm using the
    Klaus> dvb-kernel CVS driver version labeled "linux_2_4" as of
    Klaus> yesterday.

    Klaus> Although my initial tests yesterday looked good, I have
    Klaus> meanwhile encountered a problem. Sometimes, when zapping
    Klaus> through channels with VDR, channels on some transponders
    Klaus> don't get tuned to (black picture, no sound). If I then
    Klaus> switch back and forth between channels on the broken
    Klaus> transponder and channels that work, at some point the
    Klaus> transponder actually does get tuned to and I get a picture
    Klaus> and sound.

Don't they tune, or don't they just set the PID correctly. I used to
have the problem with the newest version of the Nexus-S that I have.
The channel is tuned, but I have to set the PIDs twice. I
first got around it by adding a reset PID option to rtuxplayer (not
really nice), but then I changed the tuning or better the checking for
tuning lock in libdvb and the problem went away. Now I don't wait for
tuning events, but check for channel lock. This also works better for
some other cards and drivers and seems to speed up tuning.
Of course, I am not using the linuxtv.org drivers or firmware. But the
way the problem manifests itself seems to indicate a timing problem,
especially with the stv0299 on the Nexus-S.

Marcus
I do get a transponder lock.
I also tried setting the PIDs twice, but still the same bahavior.

Klaus

Home | Main Index | Thread Index