[linux-dvb] Re: EBUSY error when setting filter for PAT

On Sat, Nov 20, 2004 at 03:53:13AM +1030, Mike Lampard wrote:
> I'm in the process of rewriting the xine dvb plugin, and have a few users
> receiving EBUSY when the plugin sets a filter via DMX_OUT_TAP on pid 0.
> From the dvb-api documentation, it states that this error occurs when there
> are active filters from another input source.  I suppose my question is this:
> under what circumstances could this occur?  Do only full-featured cards have
> problems in this regard?

Are you sure you want section data output via DMX_OUT_TAP?

Anyway, with current drivers it should work. If you load the dvb-ttpic
driver with hw_sections=1 it will not work to set a DMX_OUT_TAP or
DMX_OUT_TS_TAP filter on the same PID where a section filter is
already running. (The current driver doesn't handle this error
correctly, however, you'll get an error in the kernel log and no
data, but no EBUSY.)

Johannes

Home | Main Index | Thread Index