[linux-dvb] Re: cinergyT2: which kernel/usb module to use?

Johannes Stezenbach wrote:

Stefan Lucke wrote:

I'm trying to my cinergyT2 to work with kernel 2.6.7 on an epia board.
Using ehci I got only error messages, so I tried uhci.

The cinergyT2 only works with USB2, so you need ehci_hcd. Every
USB2 controller also has a USB1.1 companios controller for
backwards compatibility, so you also need uhci_hcd or ohci_hcd.

yes, you need to load need both drivers for high-speed transfers. The kernel-config is somewhat misleading by allowing to enable EHCI without UHCI or OHCI (even if the driver is not able to do anything useful then...).

When loding uhci the blue led of the device went off.

My cinergyT2 works fine here (2.6.10-rc2 + current dvb-kernel CVS).

There's a bug in the cinergyT2 frontend code when prevents it from
working with VDR, though (no frontend events).

do you have an idea what exactly causes the problem? poll() is implemented, the poll waitqueue should get woken up whenever the status bits change. A quick view over the code did not showed anything obvious wrong, do you have a simple testcase discovering the problem?

Holger

Home | Main Index | Thread Index