[linux-dvb] Re: Twinhan CA

On Sat November 27 2004 5:26 pm, Ralph Metzler wrote:
> Manu Abraham writes:
> [...]
>
>  > Is there some library in someone's knowledge which does SI parsing
>  > written in C such that i can do a quick and dirty _testing_ (only for
>  > testing) of the same, rather than wait for something to
>  > developed/modified ?
>  >
>  > I thought of two solutions.
>  >
>  > 1)A complete solution would be libdvb or libdvb2 itself.
>  >
>  > There is a place-holder for libdvb2 at linuxtv, eventhough no
>  > developments has undergone so far.
>  >
>  > 2)Another solution would be to hack scan to a certain extent to harvest
>  > information from SI, and set these parameters through *zap.
>
> I wrote a small test program which will get the PMT for a given
> PNR/ServiceID, convert it to CA_PMT and send it (with just the CA
> system ids suported by the CAM) to the CAM. This is working fine.
The ASIC requires the info as per EN50221 CA PMT list management, plus a
couple of magic words to the MCU. Only PID's and program numbers does not
work with all CAM's. Some CAM's do work. With the CA PMT List management
everything works fine.

I got this verified from the manufacturer.

> Since *zap includes the PNR in the config files it will be easy to
> add this in there. Maybe I will post a patch later.
Sounds good.

> Regarding the CI API we should settle on something common.
Waiting for how this should be figured out.

> Currently I am exchanging complete Twinhan style commands with the
> driver via CA_GET/SEND_MSG. Since the Twinhan CI commands send the
same goes here, wrote a small parser application based on JS's test_sections
and libmpsys.

> standard En50221 packets minus header and length field plus their own
> header we could also just send those. The driver would just have to
> exchange the headers from standard En50221 to Twinhan and vice versa.
> Or do you want to use extra ioctls like Twinhan does in their API?
I think the extra ioctl's would be useful, considering the release of the new
CI cards. One more is due in Dec.

Manu

> Ralph

Home | Main Index | Thread Index