[linux-dvb] Re: Hauppauge WinTV Nova-S SE ----> Unknown device 1016

Andrew de Quincey wrote:
Can you send me the complete output of "lspci -v -n" for that card please?

Also, I'll need the markings on the tin box on the card. I'll also need to
know the demodulator chip onboard - I dunno what is easiest for you -
either a list of the chips on the card, or hi res photos of the card so I
can read the chip numbers.

I'm not promising anything, but its likely it just needs an entry added in
for it.

Thanks for the info Lucian.

I thank _you_, Andrew.

I found a description of the card in TT's BDA windows drivers.

Supposedly it is a:
TechnoTrend DVB-S: Samsung DVB-S NIM / (S5H1420/PN1010)

As far as I can see, the S5H1420 and PN1010 are both demodulator chips - so it must be two different revisions of the tinbox. As to which yours contains, I do not know. You'd have to open up the tin box to see what is present. Neither of them is supported right now :(

I'm also not sure what tinbox it is. The picture you sent me had "DNBU17112IPS(T) 040929 AAAATR" on it (included so others can see). I tried searching about, but couldn't find anything. Mind you, manufacturers seem to be awfully coy about their tuners for some reason.

Here is programming info on the Samsung S5H1420 Demodulator if someone wants to have a look:

http://www.samsung.com/Products/Semiconductor/SystemLSI/DigitalMedia/D_n_VASSP/D_TV_DigitalTV/S5H1420/S5H1420.htm

If its using the PN1010, I cannot find any info about this, beyond a brief product description at:

http://www.pnpnetwork.com/english_home/product1_1.html
So, would there be a chance that we get this working, or should I just return the card back to the store (whithin the 2 weeks they give you this right in Germany, to return products without a reason), BTW, my 2 weeks will end in few days...?
If there are chances to make it work if I'd open the tin box around the tuner, I'd do it. I also have to be guided what I can do to try to include support for the demodulator chip (I'm a c++ programmer, but mainly experienced under the evil OS at work, my linux and first of all kernel module pragramming experience is near to zero, but as I said, given proper hints I'd try to do my best). I'm imagining some other code could be adapted according to the spec of the Samsung S5H1420 Demodulator (if that's the one), or am I wrong and should rather return the card quickly?

Regards,
Lucian

Home | Main Index | Thread Index