[linux-dvb] Re: budget hang after EPG scan

w-thiel@gmx.net wrote:
-- 2.6.10-rc1, skystar2 2.6B, stv0299 --

You might remember that I reported "no data" from the skystar2
some time a ago, a problem that might be related.

I think I now found a way to reproduce the error; perhaps this helps
somebody to track this error down:

- zap to a channel and leave it running
- set a filter (I'm using select on 8192)
- remove the lnb while both programs are running
- wait a few seconds
- reconnect the lnb: zap looks ok again
- stop and restart the filter: no more data is available; killing and
  restarting zap, and then starting the filter again doesn't work either.

Only removing and re-inserting the modules helps.

Perhaps this is only one of some errors.
Under some circumstances, when the "no data" problem happens, rmmod
does not work, only with -f: it reports 'Skystar2 is in use".
Unfortunately, I have not found a way yet to reproduce this error
reliably. It surely as well has something to do with a missing signal.
This conforms to my own observations: We had heavy weather conditions around here some weeks ago, and during that my skystar2/rev2.6b failed to deliver data during a scan. Filters were set and then all PIDs timed out. Reinserting the modules fixed the problem, so it seems that something occationally crashes when there is bad signal reception. However the problem goes away with good reception.

Niklas

Home | Main Index | Thread Index