[linux-dvb] Re: cinergyT2 crashes

tmp@nitwit.de wrote:

On Tuesday 28 December 2004 15:15, tmp@nitwit.de wrote:

On Tuesday 28 December 2004 15:03, you wrote:

Timo Nentwig wrote:

On Tuesday 28 December 2004 12:44, you wrote:

Let it run without mplayer and pipe the stream to a file to be sure:

I let it (tzap) run without mplayer.

did it crashed?

? Yes, it crashed. Without mplayer running.

I just tried cat /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0 > /dev/null and it also crashed the
machine after abotu 1-1.5h (wasn't at home all the time).

Hmm, it crashed again. Without mplayer and without tzap. I *had* tzap+mplayer running but it was not running for quite a while when the machine did freeze (kernel module was not removed, of course).

Sounds really obscure, not really like a driver problem...

are you sure that you don't have some serious hardware problem, maybe something heat related in your PC? a broken USB controller that is overheating when the device consumes the full ~400 milliamperes from the bus? Do you have multiple USB devices at the same card? Did you tried a different port? Does it happens if no USB device is connected at all?

Holger

Home | Main Index | Thread Index