[linux-dvb] Re: Problems with cvs dvb-kernel and Nova-S getting worse

On Monday 03 January 2005 20:48, emard@softhome.net wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 03, 2005 at 06:19:50PM +0100, Stefan Taferner wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > You probably can remember our thread one month ago about the Nova-S
> > cards that need a driver reload cycle after a card reset.
>
> Does resetting of 7146 fix the problem (somewhere in saa7146_core
> there is commented a line with MASK_31, MC1) ?

It did at the beginning of December, but does not work reliably anymore.
At the moment I have to load/unload several times until it works.

I am using Linux kernel 2.6.10-rc2 with video4linux from 13. December
and various dvb-kernel versions from CVS.

> > It seems that changes in the dvb drivers some weeks ago made the
> > situation worse. Now it is not sufficient any more to
> > load/use/unload/load the drivers.
>
> I have seen similar problems too, fixable with the above reset

Unfortunately not. Also adding a msleep after the reset does not
help (well, this did not change much in December too).

Kind regards,
Stefan

Home | Main Index | Thread Index