[linux-dvb] the system worked but after reboot doesn't anymore

Hi,
i've a problem but i dont find a solution searching on web.
the day before yesterday i installed linuxtv from CVS DVB tree and it worked
well. But i've restarted my linuxbox and when i try to...

bash-2.05b$ ./pkgs/DVB/apps/szap/szap 'RAINettunoSAT1' -r
reading channels from file '/home/gibran/.szap/channels.conf'
zapping to 169 'RAINettunoSAT1':
sat 0, frequency = 11803 MHz V, symbolrate 27500000, vpid = 0x0207, apid =
0x0291
using '/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0' and '/dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0'
opening frontend failed: No such device

what happened? How can i make permanent the installation?

bash-2.05b$ ls /dev/dvb/
adapter0  adapter1  adapter2  adapter3
bash-2.05b$ ls /dev/dvb/adapter0/
audio0  ca0  demux0  dvr0  frontend0  net0  osd0  video0
bash-2.05b$

A followed all instructin in the INSTALL guide of DVB section, but only in
one point i'm not sure:

- If you don't use devfs, execute DVB/driver/makedev.napi to create
  the device nodes; if you use devfsd, copy drivers/devfsd.conf to
  /etc/devfs/conf.d/dvb (exeact location might depend on you distribution).

I don't know if i'm using devfs because i don't know what it is. But i used
makedev.napi and all worked. But not anymore when i rebooted.

What i've forgotten?

Thanks in advance for any help.

 Sponsor:
 Prezzi competitivi solo da noi! Alcuni esempi: 30% sulle cartucce
compatibili Epson e 15% sulle cartucce compatibili Canon, clicca e scopri le
altre offerte
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=2892&d=20050105

Home | Main Index | Thread Index