[linux-dvb] Re: GOPs, ts2ps and replex WAS: (Refactored drivers, GOPs, and KaxTV)

Le Mercredi 05 Janvier 2005 09:50, Soyeb Aswat a écrit :
> Hello all,
>
> I've recently been finding a problem recording DVB
> programs where GOP sections are very large with
> sometimes many minutes worth of pictures (they should
> be only a fraction of a section).  It doesn't always
> occur, sometimes the recording is fine.
>
> This problem has been occuring two cards with the
> refactored drivers, a Hauppauge Nova-T 90002 and a
> KWorld DVB-T, and using the KaxTV version 0.3 (with
> and without additional patches and changes).
>
> I'm going to investigate this further, but in the
> meantime I'm sending this message out to gauge whether
> anyone else is having a similar problem.
>
> The problem is most noticable with gopchop which,
> amazingly enough, tries to chop MPEG-PS files on GOP
> boundaries.
>
> Regards,
>
> Soyeb

Hi Soyeb,

Yes, in a well encoded stream, gops typically contain one iframe.
And i can confirm that on some channels/providers ts2ps gives huge gops while
replex doesn't. But i don't know if either ts2ps is responsible of these mad
gops or if replex is simply correcting it.
May Dr. Metzler say more ?

At least, i really doubt that drivers are faulty here.

--
Christophe Thommeret

Home | Main Index | Thread Index