[linux-dvb] Re: DEC2000-t/Kernel 2.6.10: Badness in usb_unlink_urb

On Sun, Jan 09, 2005 at 02:31:38PM +0000, Nyk Tarr wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 09, 2005 at 11:59:18AM +0100, Peter Daum wrote:
> > after a long break (for previous experiences see the discussions following
> > http://www.linuxtv.org/mailinglists/linux-dvb/2004/06-2004/msg00379.html),
> > I just tried, whether there has been any progress with the DEC 2000-t
> > usb box. The result was pretty much the same as with earlier attempts.

Sadly, I've no real inclination to work on the driver myself in my spare
time, since I lack the resources to get it working for everyone.  I
don't think anyone else is working on it.

> > What is new, is that Kernel 2.6.10 floods the syslog with stack traces
> > complaining about a "Badness in usb_unlink_urb". Attached below are
> > the messages right after connecting the box. Pretty much any action
> > regarding the device will yield some more of these messages. Maybe the
> > stack trace can bring enlightenment ...

The stack trace is just part of the deprecation warning.  Sadly it
doesn't help track down the USB timeout problem.

> > Note, that these kernel messages do not seem to reflect any new
> > problem - everything still works as good or bad as described before
> > (except reading from /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0 usually works). For most
> > practical purposes it's still almost useless, because after some
> > channel changes the box inevitably will die :-(
>

> I don't have the problem (cvs+2.6.10-ac7), but this patch shut up the
> BUG() (or whatever it is).
>
> Use at your own risk - I'm ot a programmer ^_^

The patch is fine for kernels greater than 2.6.7 - in older kernels
there is no usb_kill_urb.  I've updated the driver in CVS to use an
appropriate method of urb removal depending on kernel version.

--
Alex

Home | Main Index | Thread Index