[linux-dvb] Re: cinergyT2 and usb_storage

aleXander kiausch wrote:

Hello all,

I have the CinergyT˛ running on my Gentoo-Box (Kernel 2.6.10-r1) and I have massive problems if I try to use my external USB 2.0 Harddisk. Problems vanish if I unplug the Cinergy-Box and unload the modules ... anybody else has that kind of problems?

can you please describe what exactly are these problems? Are both devices attached to the same USB bus? Do they also occur when no stream is transferred?

Does your USB bus provides enough power/current for both devices? If the harddisk is not externally powered it may be necessairy to use a powered hub if you need to attach both devices to the same bus if you have the problem that your host controller can not provide more than 500milliAmperes per bus.

Holger

Home | Main Index | Thread Index