[linux-dvb] Re: B2C2 DVB CONFIGURATION ON 2.6.10 KERNEL

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005, Ricardo Soria wrote:

Dear list:

I would be very greatful if somebody can help me.  I
am more than 4 days trying to install/run a B2C2 card
on my linux box, upgraded to 2.6.10 kernel, and this
is very urgent for me.  I downloaded and unpacked
linuxtv-dvb-1.1.1.tar.bz2, but when I try to
compile/install it, I allways get this:
Please use the dvb driver from inside the kernel.

Device Drivers -> Multimedia devices -> DVB.

I have tried to read all the relative documentation,
and also, was looking for information here, in this
list.  Finally, I also tried to configure B2C2 native
support, that is included in linux 2.6.10 kernel
sources.  It appeared to configure without problems,
however, I am not able to get the driver recognize the
hardware, or set it up, or use it.  I am not sure
about what is the best option:  to use the included
drivers, in the 2.6.10 kernel, or to use the one that
is downloadable from linuxtv.org.
The Skystar Card driver from kernel are quite equal to the one in dvb-kernel cvs. (1.1.1 is out of date).

Can someone give me any idea about how to set it up??
any help will be much apreciated.
Did you actually try to use the device (e.g. dvbscan, szap)?

What is the error message that let you think the devices aren't working properly?

best regards,
Patrick.

--
Mail: patrick.boettcher@desy.de