[linux-dvb] Re: according to your HOWTO, Patrick~

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005, Samuel Huang wrote:

As you mentioned, I'd like to try to find a USB2.0 one. I read the HOWTO kindly provided and noticed the one you use with USB2.0 called "DiBcom USB2.0 DVB-T reference design". I'm sorry for my poor understanding...what is this device composed of (USB, demo, tuner)?
Cypress FX2, dib3000p, panasonc env.... (see the driver source for real description).

There is some progress on other USB2.0 devices made in Taiwan. Do you know a company named C&E? They created a usb2.0 device with the mt352 mounted. The one made by Hanftek is almost working with dibusb. And then there is another one (Hanftek cloned it), but with another tuner. In Germany these device are selled under the name "Hama", "Yakumo" and "Typhoon".

I studied a lot and finally knew that Twinhan MagicBox VP7041e which I'm now using is composed of one AN2235 as USB controller, Dib3000mb as Demo, at76c651 as tuner with tua6010 as PLL.
Oh, that one is new. Is this device working with the drivers? I assume not, because I assigned the MagicBox to AN2135 and then it loads the wrong firmware. The demod and the tuner are already done, just the wrong firmware I think.

Could you please tell me the cold USB ID (before firmware loading? You can find these out by running lsusb -v (please send the output to me) just after pluging in the device and no driver loaded before.

part, I often get lost in where the flow should be...what are the steps to keep going?
Just a look on the usb ids is sufficient. Please also send the .inf-files from the windows you are using, if any.

regards,
Patrick.

--
Mail: patrick.boettcher@desy.de