[linux-dvb] Re: card firmware/interrupt issues

On Mon, Jan 17, 2005 at 01:36:42AM +0100, Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
> Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> > Tonight I had a weird problem where both my DVB cards reported errors at
> > once. The Nova-T gave an interrupt warning, and the Aver761 output FDSR
> > errors for the next *12 minutes*. The system was idle at the time, as
> > best I can workout. Certainly Myth wasn't recording.
> >
> > Jan 16 19:16:32 tv kernel: saa7146: interrupt_hw(): warning: interrupt enabled,
> > but not handled properly.(0xe7fcfbb7)
>                             ^^^^^^^^^^
> I wonder how that is possible. It looks like
> 	isr = saa7146_read(dev, ISR);
> returned bogus results which suggests that something went wrong
> on the PCI bus.
>
> This is bad. Is your power supply OK?

Hmm. I think so; I've had this system for about one year and the only
other time I saw an saa7146 interrupt message in the log was when the PC
was overheating. (The bt878 recorded PCI bus parity errors at the same
time in that case.)

Interestingly, the bt878 recorded billions of FDSR errors, but never
FBUS. FBUS is a fifo overflow due to bus latency, which I see
occasionally. FDSR is described as

"Set when FIFO Data Stream Resynchronization occurs. The number of
pixels, lines, or modes passing through FIFO does not match RISC program
expectations."

I don't know what this means in the context of DVB data transfer through
tbe BT878 audio function though.

Hamish