[linux-dvb] accessing demodulator chip using i2c bus

Hi again,

I tried to access my Samsung chip, but don't know where exactly it is
located. So I tried everything from 0x00 to 0xff and used i2c_transfer to
read address 0x00 (the chip's revision) which should return 0x03, what never
happens :-( Resetting the chip (which should be done setting value 0x08 on
address 0x01 (system soft reset mode) did not solve my issue.

When "scanning" the demodulator addresses, mostly i2c_transfer returns -121
or -5. There are some addresses where it returns something >= 0, but reading
from that addresses gives a result which is "incompatible" to the manual.

I also tried to read from addresses other than 0x00 (i.e. 0x03-0x04, which
contains pll settings which default to 0x50 and 0x40), but the results are
not what I expect them to be...

Any suggestions what to do?

Thanks, Chris

Home | Main Index | Thread Index