[linux-dvb] Re: DVico Fusion HDTV DVB-T card - Any simple How-to?

Thanks again Soyeb

I feel that there is something very basic that I have missed. Usually I google
my way out of trouble but there is not much to go on in this instance. I have
followed Chris Pascoe's instructions and have done what I believe should be
done in steps 1, 2, and 3 on his page. This includes following the sequence
of commands A-F as outlined in Justin's instructions from the linked page.

First off I am running slack-10 with the 2.6.8.1 kernel supplied on a slack
mirror awhile back.

> Have you run dvb-kernel/MAKEDEV-DVB.sh?  This sets-up
> the correct device files.
Yes, output as follows but these devices seem to need to be created at each
boot.
root@rick:/home/rick/Dvico/build/dvb-kernel# ./MAKEDEV-DVB.sh
Creating DVB devices in /dev/dvb/adapter0
Creating DVB devices in /dev/dvb/adapter1
Creating DVB devices in /dev/dvb/adapter2
Creating DVB devices in /dev/dvb/adapter3

Here's output when I stop then start init script

root@rick:/home/rick/Dvico/build# ./DVICO-Init.sh stop
Removing DVICO related modules from kernel: mt352, cx8802, cx8800, cx88xx,
videodev, i2c-algo-bv4l1-compat, v4l2-common, i2c-core,ERROR: Module i2c_core
is in use by tuner
ERROR: Module i2c_core is in use by tuner
 btcx-risc, video_buf, done.

root@rick:/home/rick/Dvico/build# ./DVICO-Init.sh start
Inserting DVICO modules into kernel: insmod: error inserting
'../dvb-kernel/build-2.6/dvb-core. -1 Unknown symbol in module
insmod: can't read './cx22702.ko': No such file or directory
insmod: can't read './video-buf-dvb.ko': No such file or directory
insmod: can't read './cx88-dvb.ko': No such file or directory
done.

I can't find those modules because they were compiled in cx88-0.0.4+dvb folder
so I cd there and do a ./dvb-dvico stop and then start

root@rick:/home/rick/Dvico/cx88-0.0.4+dvb# ./dvb-dvico stop
Removing CX88 DVB modules from kernel: ERROR: Module cx8800_dvb does not exist
in /proc/modules
ERROR: Module cx88xx is in use by cx8802
ERROR: Module dvb_core does not exist in /proc/modules
ERROR: Module videodev is in use by cx88xx
ERROR: Module i2c_algo_bit is in use by cx88xx
ERROR: Module i2c_core is in use by cx88xx,i2c_algo_bit,tuner
ERROR: Module btcx_risc is in use by cx8802,cx88xx
ERROR: Module video_buf is in use by cx8802,cx88xx
done.

root@rick:/home/rick/Dvico/cx88-0.0.4+dvb# ./dvb-dvico start
Inserting CX88 modules into kernel: ./dvb-dvico: line 6:
cd: /build/cx88-0.0.4+dvb: No such file or directory
insmod: error inserting './video-buf.ko': -1 File exists
insmod: error inserting './btcx-risc.ko': -1 File exists
insmod: can't read '../dvb-kernel/build-2.6/dvb-core.ko': No such file or
directory
insmod: error inserting 'cx88xx.ko': -1 File exists
insmod: error inserting 'cx8800.ko': -1 Unknown symbol in module
insmod: error inserting 'cx8800-dvb.ko': -1 Unknown symbol in module
insmod: can't read '../dvb-kernel/build-2.6/mt352.ko': No such file or
directory
done.

It so neither of these scripts will load everything I need and to my way of
thinking maybe I should just copy these all into the
appropriate /lib/modules/2.6.8.1/kernel/drivers/media/dvb directory but
which/where .... and If I can sort that out will I have to script something
to load the lot at boot as well as create the appropriate /dev/dvb files

> Also you will probably want to check the output from
> dmesg after starting the drivers to check whether
> they've worked.

dmesg isn't happy and I suppose it won't be until I sort out the above

TIA for any comment/advice/constructive criticism

--
Cheers,

Rick Miles

Movement stopped is no movement,
and rest set in motion is no rest.

Written on Pungenday, the 33rd of Chaos, 3171
http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/~rickfrm/

Home | Main Index | Thread Index