[linux-dvb] Re: [patches] cx22702 + mt352 updates

Gerd Knorr wrote:
> > fe->ops->sleep() is already there, as we usually power down frontends
> > when they aren't used, not just when the whole machine goes to sleep.
>
> Ok, thats the easy part, I could call that from the cx88-dvb suspend
> handler as well.  In fact the cx22702 suspend handler just calls the
> sleep() function.
>
> That wouldn't work for resume through, as the cx88-dvb doesn't has the
> informations needed to restore the cx22702 device state, i.e. the most
> recently used tuning parameters.  We probably can get working with some
> helper functions in the frontend core through.  So I guess you prefeare
> doing it that way?

I see. You want to suspend the whole system with DVB apps running, and
on resume it should restore all state without the app doing anything
for it. I haven't spent any time thinking about that, but I would've
hoped that the dvb-core would take care of reinitializing the frontend
on wakeup. That should best be implemented in the dvb_frontend_thread().

> > Gerd, I have to ask you again to observe the decisions regarding
> > frontend driver structure that were made on the linux-dvb mailing
> > list.
>
> Well, so far none of your assumtions about the cx22702.c code ignoring
> the refactoring turned out to be false.  Be it the autoprobing, or pll
> stuff above.  How about looking a bit more carefully the code instead of
> blindly shooting just because I'm registering my i2c_clients?

You sent me a patch that touches nearly every line in cx22702.c
and reworks everything unecessarily (IMHO). I'm waiting for a
smaller patch that does just what is really needed.

Johannes

Home | Main Index | Thread Index