[linux-dvb] Re: TT USB Budget cc discontinuity / lost sync.

Hello,

I have made some tests and thus some additional
information.

 --- Peter Weissgerber <peterw2k@yahoo.de> schrieb:
> [TT USB Budget-artifacts and the following error
msg]
> ttusb_process_muxpack: muxpack with incorrect
> checksum, ignoring
> ttusb_process_frame: lost sync.
> ttusb_process_muxpack: cc discontinuity (2 frames
> missing)

The problem seems to occur only with channels that
send with a high bit rate (> about 5 MBit/s). For
example EuroNews (from ZDF transponder) works
flowlessly; RTL, Kabel1 work most of the time but have
occasional artifacts; ZDF, WDR (from WDR transponder)
work never (only artifacts).

Seems that the transmission over USB is too lame. Can
this be a hardware issue or a driver issue. How can I
tune-up it so that it works (it should work,
shouldn't?)? My board is an VIA EPIA V5000 with USB
1.1 onboard (uhci_hcd). USB is on IRQ 5. This IRQ is
only used by USB.

Some ideas?

TIA,
Peter

> What does this mean? Can it be related to the
> artifacts I see? (I guess so...)
>
> Reception should be OK, femon plugin tells a STR
> about
> 62 and SNR about 81. BER and UNC are 0.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Peter

> Gesendet von Yahoo! Mail - Jetzt mit 250MB Speicher
> kostenlos - Hier anmelden: http://mail.yahoo.de

Gesendet von Yahoo! Mail - Jetzt mit 250MB Speicher kostenlos - Hier anmelden: http://mail.yahoo.de

Home | Main Index | Thread Index