[linux-dvd] Re: [linux-dvb] AW: Re: ./KNOWNBUGS file

Yes, It's the change of color I'm referring to. It happens to me every time
I start a record. The text color changes to red and in general the overlay
picture is getting so week that you can hardly read it any more. A reload
of the driver doesn't help. So far I didn't try to rmmod the driver and
load it again, init6 helps.

I'm running Redhat 6.2 (with original Kernel 2.2.14) on a Celeron 733Mhz,
MSI-815 motherboard. The card is a Hauppauge DVB-S. The original RH6.2
kernel is known as unreliable. Probably that's causing the problems.

What kernel are you guys using ? What cofig in particular ? The DVB driver
does not compile under RH7 kernel 2.2.16 with (also disabled) USB and I2C
backport. I don't have a SUSE distribution so far.

Alex

                    "Nils
                    Heidorn"             To:     linux-dvb@linuxtv.org
                    <nils_heidorn        cc:     (bcc: Alex WIESSNER/VIENNA/UNO)
                    @gmx.de>             Subject:     [linux-dvb] AW: Re: ./KNOWNBUGS file

                    28/02/01
                    09:06 PM

> Alex.Wiessner@unvienna.org wrote:
> >
> > Hi all !
> >
> > I'm playing with the DVB driver and the VDR for just a week now
> and slowly
> > find out about weaknesses. As I assume that everyone who starts playing
> > with this toy faces the same problems, I would like to suggest a kind
of
> > KNOWNBUGS file to be included in the tarball distribution.
> >
> > Things that for sure should be mentioned in this file are:
> >
> > * The OSD menu getting "week" after some time. With joint
> efforts we could
> > probably find out why.
>
> What do you mean by "weak"? I don't have any problems with the OSD, and
> I use VDR a lot.
>
> Klaus

Hmm maybe he refers to the fact that the OSD *can* change its colors after
while ( only had it 2 times in total, green & red is swapped, looks strange
but szill works smooth )

Nils

P.S. i really miss the function of the green button, now you have to press
"menu", 1, 1 to have the same as "green" before ...

---