[linux-dvd] Re: [linux-dvb] Streaming DVB/DVD data over a 2 computer network?

On Tuesday, 29. May 2001 16:01, you wrote:
> xine (http://sourceforge.net/projects/xine/) kann MPEG-2 Streams
> abspielen. Damit sollte es klappen, die Bandbreite von 11 MBit ist
> ausreichend.

Ah thanks I will try that. I just managed to get vlc compiled, though I seem
to have some stability issues. It plays straight VDR files but wihtout sound
and gives me:
                    PES trashed - decoder fifo full !
over NFS. I will try it with a local coppy of the vdr file now and will try
to compile xine.

THe thing with WLANs is that its 11M/s including a lot of overhead, so you
actualy get about 300k/s, maybe some more.

So playback of recorded files over the network seems feasible, but how about
streaming it straight from the card? Is there a way?

vlc (from videolan.org) seems to be able to display TS streams over a
network. Is the stream from the card a TS stream? Could I do somethig to get
it over the network? (I think netcat might be  a useful tool, have to look
into it).

Thanks
         Marcus

Home | Main Index | Thread Index