[linuxtv-softmpeg] Re: Channel changing hang solved.

Hello Colin,

On 02/18/04 21:12, ac2crp@blueyonder.co.uk wrote:

I've writing to apologise :-(
I did some debugging, and the channel change problem was my fault! :-)
fusion_pthread_recursive_mutex_init didn't seem to be defined in FusionSound, so I changed it to pthread_mutex_init, which seemed to work OK. Except that mutexes aren't recursive by default. Setting the mutex type to recursive made the hanging problem go away.
The problem occured during a mutex lock while flushing the audio buffer.
Anyway, I can now change channels happily - thanks. :-)
Ok. 8-)

I notice that audio-only channels don't play - I guess the demuxer must be waiting for video.
It shouldn't. I can "watch" audio channels with the stand alone tool happily.

For some reason, the plugin won't play back recordings from VDR, which is weird... don't know why recordings should be any different. Will investigate that next.
I noticed this this evening, too. 8-( For some unknown reason, vdr floods the plugin with video pes packets only -- no audio pes packets are written. You can verify this by enabling the debugging output. If you watch live tv, you'll get both audio and video pes packets. As soon as you watch a recording you'll only get video packets. The video queue fills up and because of the fact that there is no audio at all, you wont't get any frames.

Because of the fact that I wasn't able to find the problem, I wrote a mail to Klaus Schmidinger.

Oh - I removed the 'exit' calls as VDR exited when there were some errored signals. I don't know if they were exactly the problem, but it did look likely. I've commented them out for now, which isn't nice, but I'll see what the effect is.
Yep, I noticed that, too.

Btw: today, I added OSD functionality to the plugin. Perhaps you can try that out, too.

Colin
Unfortunately, I wasn't able to integrate the cle266 hw stuff yet. 8-(

CU
Michael.