[linuxtv-softmpeg] SDL backend?

Hi all, especially Michael,

I have joined the softmpeg list since I think libsoftmpeg could be the solution to overcome the use of "FF" DVB cards with linux. I myself use a skystar2, thus a software decoder would be great to have!

However I'm a bit worried about the use of DirectFB, practically the Matrox G400/500 series seems to be the only graphics adapter supported properly. Therefor I think it could be useful to have another backend, maybe based on SDL. I have taken a look at the code of libsoftmpeg and (although I'm a total newbie to DirectFB, SDL and libavcodec) I think it should be possible to implement such a thing. The APIs of DirectFB and SDL look very similar.

Should I try to develop such a backend? Is SDL the optimal choice or should I go for another solution?

Regards,

Niklas