[linuxtv-softmpeg] VDR/softmpeg

Hi Michael,

I shall try the new OSD fix tonight. As you've made the change you can ignore my comments about getting per pixel alpha blending working! It's great this... as soon as I think I'll have to go and debug a problem you fix it! Thanks :-)

I didn't realise that the jerky VDR playback was caused by the data being sent too quickly. I was thinking that we could have an extra 'feed' thread that dripped data into the decoders as they asked for it, and limited the rate at which it took data. This would add an extra buffer into things though, which could get messy. I shall try to understand the code better and see if I can think of a way.

I'm not sure however of the difficulty with pause. Surely it is sufficient just to stop sending data to libsoftmpeg, and it won't display anything. I can see that perhaps there might be a difficulty in resynchronising audio and video afterwards... is this the problem?

Likewise, with trick modes. I believe that VDR only sends I frames during fast forward/rewind. I would believe therefore that what is needed is to have a 'turn AV sync off' switch so that no attempt is made to keep audio and video in sync. When this is the case, the I frames are displayed immediately as they are received. Again, there might be difficulty in resynchronising afterwards.

As you've fixed the OSD I shall try to have a think about these issues.

Thanks,

Colin

"wNrzǧu[hyƫ+%{+칻&ޖ)f˛-

Home | Main Index | Thread Index