[linuxtv-softmpeg] Re: Audio jumps

Hello Peter,

On 17.03.2004 14:36, Peter Urbanec wrote:
That's probably it then, I set the mode to 1024x768 72Hz 16bit, although the final output looked more like 800x600 or even lower.
Probably the riva-driver doesn't support stretchblits in hardware, so it won't scale the 720x576 video frames to your full screen size when it displays the frame.

I think the next step for me will be to get that G450 installed in the system and try again with a current CVS snapshot of everything in a few days. I suspect my life will be easier if I use a system that is similar to what the core developers are working on :-)
If you have the G450 around, do yourself a favor and install it. 8-)

I'll be glad to hear how you get it running with 2.6.4. I have several G4x0 cards and I didn't get them to run with matroxfb. (didn't try very hard though)

I'll configure a proper PAL 50Hz setting, since that's where the output will end up going anyway.
Have a look at the README, a proper fb.modes modeline is mentionend there.

Thanks for bearing with me through this. All of the DirectFB stuff is new territory for me and it requires a mental shift from all my X11 based experiences.
No problem. Feel free to ask any questions, I'll be glad to help you around anything with libsoftmpeg.

Thanks,
   Peter.
CU
Michael.