[linuxtv-softmpeg] Re: libsoftmpeg vdr plugin fails to play back MPEG1 streams

Hello,

On 08.05.2004 15:56, Matthias Huber wrote:

I tried to play back a VDR recording which is a MPEG1-PES stream (recorded
with the analogtv-plugin of VDR using mp1e).
Mplayer with directFB plays this recording just fine, but the
softmpeg-plugin only produces error messages and a black screen. It seems,
that the softmpeg-plugin is not capable of decoding MPEG1 streams, is that
right?
Yes.

I tested also the hardware accellerated version of Colin Paton, with the
same result (although different error messages, of course).

Any ideas how I could achive MPEG1 playback with libsoftmpeg?
It's not implemented currently and it's not very high on the priority list for me.

P.S. This should go to the libsoftmpeg mailing list, but because of the
attachements, I did not post.
Isn't that a clear sign that 120kB attachments shouldn't be posted to mailing lists? ;-)

Greetings,
Matthias Huber

CU
Michael.