[linuxtv-softmpeg] Re: -epia kernel patch for 2.6

Tony Murray wrote:
Nicolas Huillard wrote:

I am trying to use VDR and the softmepg plugin from DirectFB, with a Debian kernl 2.6.6 with your -epia patch on a Via M10000 mobo.
I experience problems with DirectFB, and I an not sure whether your kernel patch includes the lastest CVS version of the viafb taken from DirectFB, or even one of the versions from there.
Can you explain exactly where the viafb frame-buffer module part of the patch come from ? Did you actually use the advanced features of DirectFB ?

No the viafb in 2.6.6-epia1 does not have the directfb hooks in it (it is from patcher2k.012web pages.com ) If you want to use directfb acceleration in 2.6 right now, you should use vesafb+cle266vgaio(directfb helper in char devs).
I don't remember if I tried this combination. I reverted to 2.4.26 for the moment. I'll also check the patcher2k (it was sufficiently undocumented to prevent me from testing).

I would really like to get someone to get viafb into shape and submit it to the framebuffer maintainers, but I haven't time... anyway, that should answer your questions. Hopefully, I can get some new releases out here soon.
I'm afraid I do not have the skills... I cross-post this reply to the vdr and softmpeg mailing-lists : that might help people there, and help find someone interested in that 2.6 viafb stuff ;-)

Tony
--
NH

Home | Main Index | Thread Index