[linuxtv-softmpeg] Re: Matrox and CRTC2

Heya,

* Ray Glendenning <ray.glendenning@hackery.demon.co.uk> [20040615 19:50]:
> I am trying to set up a Matrox G400 Max card using crtc2 for tv-out.
> During my testing I can get mplayer to work with '-vo dfbmga' but not
> with '-vo directfb' no matter what options I have in my directfbrc
> file.  Can anyone help out with what options are needed to get the
> softmpeg vdr plugin working on crtc2?

I'm (still) having the same problems on G550. -vo dfbmga works
perfectly, -vo directfb doesn't. df_dok et al doen't seem to work
either, and I don't have a decent fb-mode for PAL (I can set) either.

sometimes df_dok runs, and when I cancel it, I got a valid and working
mode showing the last state of the screen of df_dok:

mode "720x576-26"
    # D: 12.588 MHz, H: 16.563 kHz, V: 26.001 Hz
    geometry 720 576 720 576 32
    timings 79443 40 -40 63 -6 40 4
    bcast true
    rgba 8/16,8/8,8/0,8/24
endmode

fbset can't set that mode again (grrr), and complains about the negative
values. subsequent calls to df_dok or mplayer -vo directfb don't show
anything, either .. the TV stays blank.

Any ideas are appreciated ..

   Count

--
Andreas Kotes - ICQ: 3741366 - The views expressed herein are (only) mine!
Follow the path of the unsafe, independent thinker. Expose your ideas to the

Home | Main Index | Thread Index