Re: Questions on MPEG-2 Encoder Card - Kfir2

alix wrote:

>                 As we want to realtime encode multiple video source
>         concurrently, does that card support multiple input sources? Can
>         they be enocoded concurrently or is there any way to multiplex
>         different input sources automatically? Or, Can we plug multiple
>         cards in one machine? How about the linux driver support?

Each card encodes exactly one analog source. Either by composite or
S-video input. In our demobox we are running two cards, tomorrow we have
three cards. You have /dev/video0, /dev/video1 /dev/video2 ...
If you need a transport stream you need a software which multiplexes
your streams.

>                 About the driver installtion, it said that it requires
>         the windows dirver for extracting the binary files. Would you
>         please list all the the requirments for installing the dirver
>         in Linux? For example, What extra files and which version of
>         Linux kernel we need to use?

You need the tar.gz and the windows drivers for Win9x as mentioned in
the README. You can download the Win9x drivers at Visiontech's
FTP-Server.
We run the Kfir boards on Linux 2.4.0test-something.

regards
Frank

convergence integrated media gmbh
Rosenthaler Strasse 51