[mpeg2] Re: No Picture

> On Tue, Jan 30, 2001 at 12:12:04PM +0100, Frank Rosengart wrote:
> >
> > start encoding "cat /dev/audio > whatever.mpg" it starts recording and I the
>
> don't know what you're doing -  try /dev/video0 instead ?!?

And I dont know why you dont know what I am trying to do :o)
I loaded the kfir module.. "make insmod" than I connected my VCR to the BNC connector, pushed play and than typed "cat /dev/video > test.mpg". Than I stopped recording "cntrl+c" and tried to view the mpeg file.

> All your player are MPEG-1 players. The Kfir puts out MPEG-2.

XingMpeg is able to play mpeg2 and it does play my files the problem is that the clips are completely black. I will try that "/dev/video0" thing.. but I think I tried that already...

Hope u understand now what I am trying to do.

have a nice day!

greetz

Lewe

--