[mpeg2] DVB and Kfir

Hi,

  is someone using the DVB-S card together with the Kfir
card ? Maybe I asked this here again, but since I didn't
get any answer, I try it again, sorry.
Is it possible (my mpeg knowledge is not good enough) to
use mpeg2 data (video and audio) encoded from the
Kfir card to play it with the DVB-S card ?
I use the VDR with the DVB card and I have the idea of
making an archive of some old home videos using mpeg2
with Kfir. These archived videos should be played maybe
with VDR also. Can these videos, encoded by Kfir, played
via DVB maybe in a lower quality (less MB to save disk-space)
too ?
What sampling rates can be handled from Kfir and DVB ?

Any information would be greatly appreciated, because
depending on the possibilites I will buy a Kfir card
or not.

Thanx in advance,

Armin

Home | Main Index | Thread Index