[mpeg2] Segmentation fault during encoding problem

Philip Ho writes:
 > Hello,
 >
 > After installing the encoder card driver, we see that there is a
 > segmentation fault while encoding. Has anybody seen this type of error
 > before?

No, usually it either locks up during insmod or it works :-)
I never had a problem during encoding.

 > We are using Linux 2.4 kernel on Dell Optiplex GX110 machine.

Which kernel version exactly are you using?
2.4.[123], or some pre-patch/ac version?
Which driver version? (tar.gz package or CVS)

Where does the segmentation fault occur? In kernel or user space?
If it is in the kernel, can you give me the output of the oops message
piped through ksymoops?

Ralph

Home | Main Index | Thread Index