[mpeg2] Re: Hard lockups when loading the kfir module

Ralph Metzler wrote:

> Andreas Trottmann writes:
>  > On Tue, Apr 24, 2001 at 04:48:10PM +0200, Ralph Metzler wrote:
>  >
>  > > The locking up problem is known and mainly occurs on boards with VIA
>  > > chipsets (although I also have an ABIT KT100 which works fine).
>  > > Some had success by disabling USB in the BIOS. We don't know how
>  > > exactly this is related but it probably changes something in the bus
>  > > timing.
>  >
>  > Thanks for the quick reply!
>  >
>  > We are experiencing the lockup problem on a machine with a board using
>  > the Intel LX chipset, and turning off the USB support in the BIOS
>  > doesn't change anything. We quickly tried on a different machine (that
>  > also uses the LX chipset -- it was a spare machine that could be tested
>  > quickly), and had identical results (i.e. it also locks up).
>  >
>  > We'll try a machine with a different chipset (probably I can test it on
>  > one with the BX chipset) and will tell you the results.
>
> It should work on BX boards.
> I have it working on two BX boards, an ASUS P2B-LS with 300MHz Celeron
> and an ASUS P2B-DS with two 350 MHz PIIs.
> I also developed the drivers on those.

Hey guys,

I just ordered two encoder cards and was planing to use ASUS K7M(266)
boards. Anybody experiences with those ?  Or, which boards/chipsets are
recommended ?
(I'll try my K7Ms, anyway - and will post the results)

Tx,

Mathias

Home | Main Index | Thread Index