[mpeg2] Re: Hard lockups when loading the kfir module

On Wed, Apr 25, 2001 at 11:07:43AM +0200, ftc wrote:

> Now, we have other problems: Any "streamtype" except 7 (VT_KFIR_SYSTEM)
> does not seem to produce any output (i.e. "cat /dev/video > test.mpg"
> produces a file that stays at size 0). "streamtype=7" produces something,
> but we didn't have success playing it with any MPEG player we tried.

Confirmed, even with a higher quality input. It does not seem to matter
whether we use composite or s-video input, but

streamtype=1 up to streamtype=6 followed by "cat /dev/video > out.mpeg"
gives a 0 byte out.mpeg file, no matter how long we try... and
streamtype=7 gives something that mpeg players (mplayer, windows media
player, realplayer with the emc plugin, some windows dvd player) can't play.

If anyone is interested (or wants to help debug), such a file is
available at http://guardian.aart.ch/public/out1.mpg

Are there any sets of module parameters that are known to work?

--
Andreas Trottmann <andreas.trottmann@werft22.com>

Home | Main Index | Thread Index