[mpeg2] Re: Hard lockups when loading the kfir module

On Wed, Apr 25, 2001 at 01:30:41PM +0200, Ralph Metzler wrote:

>  > If anyone is interested (or wants to help debug), such a file is
>  > available at http://guardian.aart.ch/public/out1.mpg
>

> This looks like a system stream with audio only. No video is present.
> Playing it back I get about 30 seconds of perfectly encoded "quiet".

There should have been some sound, but maybe it was not a high enough
input level.

>  > Are there any sets of module parameters that are known to work?
>

> The default parameters work fine with a signal at the composite input.
>

> Please reboot your PC, load the driver without extra parameters and
> try this again.

I tried it repeatedly, with a confirmed "good" PAL input signal on the
composite input, and stereo sound connected to the sound input.

Using no parameters to kfir.o seems to give still no output to /dev/video
(stracing the cat shows it waiting at the read()), and using
"streamtype=7" gives now something that can be played back by an MPEG
audio player (like mpg123, or amp) and sounds like the input. However,
video seems to be missing...

There are the following messages from the driver:

After loading it (with "debug=1" as the only parameter):

kfir: Kfir board revision 5e
Unable to load 'micro/altera_keb_plx_5e.rbf'.
loaded microcode with length 32385
kfir: Reset Altera
kfir: done
kfir: Reset Kfir and PLL ... done
Unable to load 'micro/MPEG1_6.HLD'.
kfir: ADSP loading successful
kfir: ADSP initialization...done
kfir: segment: 0  Done
kfir: segment: 1  Done
kfir: segment: 2  Done
kfir: segment: 3  Done
kfir: segment: 4  Done
kfir: segment: 5  Done
kfir: Download parameters...kfir: done
i2c-core.o: adapter kfir #0 registered as adapter 0.
kfir: Found i2c device at: 0x4a
kfir: decoder status=f000001

after starting the "cat /dev/video > test.mpg"

kfir: start recording
kfir: Download parameters...kfir: done
eready=00200001

and after killing the cat:

eready=00200000

During this, no bytes were read from /dev/video.

--
Andreas Trottmann <andreas.trottmann@werft22.com>

Home | Main Index | Thread Index