[mpeg2] Using Kfir with Hauppage WinTV cards

Now I have tested this combination for couple of days and it works like a charm.
I have Siemens dvb as video0, kfir as video1 and wintv (bttv) as video2.

I have connected my self-made video-out from wintv to kfir (tuners pin 23 and
chassis) and audio is connected via wintv's. I've been able to set correct
channel with xawtv (actually with it's command-line utility xawtv-remote, this
PC is totally operated remotely) and then I've captured streams with kfir and
later played them back via Siemens dvb. Now it is time to think how to get epg-
information to make automated recordiongs etc.

Actually the only thing I am missing is some kind of switching circuity between
kfir and wintv so that I am able to switch between wintv and auxiliary
composite video sources. I know it should be simple to make, but I do not have
that kind of electronics knowledge :(

Esa Pekkarinen                  pekkis@maxisat.fi Esa.Pekkarinen@maxisat.fi
Maxisat Oy, tuotekehitys        http://www.maxisat.fi

Home | Main Index | Thread Index