[mpeg2] kfir frame dropping

 Hi,
 I'm using a kfir under linux 2.4 (debian) with a
 PIII/256Mo/18GoUW3 and I have some frame dropping
 troubles.

 In my very first test I "lost" more than ten frames
 for an hour of record (half size, 25fps @4Mbs).

 I simply record a time coded video from a S-VHS player,
 the tape seems to be good and clean (I have a good frame
 by frame display on the control monitor).

 The strangest things come from the first drop: it occurs every
 time on the same frame apart from the kfir configuration and
 video duration ! The final result give us a stream like that:
  ..., frame 9, frame 10, frame 11, frame 12, frame 13, frame 14,
 frame 15, frame 10 (!!), frame 18(!!), frame 19, frame 20, ...
 We lost the frame 16 and 17 and we get a frame that is 6 frames old !
 NOTE: I have recorded the same stream (same tape and same player)
 without any problems with a Matrox RT2000 card (I frame only).

 So, my question is quiet simple, does anyone try to evaluate the frame
 dropping ratio of a kfir card ?

 Thanks
 Gaël Chardon.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index