[mpeg2] Re: Recommended capture cards?

Lawrence Gold wrote:

> Could you let me know if you have any opinion of the Hauppage
> WinTV-Theater card?

I have yet to see a WinTV card I'm impressed with, no matter how much it
costs.  I've not used the HDTV ones yet, but I don't imagine they'll be
any different.  WinTV cards' base design seems to have stayed the same
since 1996, with the original PCI WinTV cards.

> I ask about this one because the card's audio capture
> is supported under Linux, which doesn't appear to be the case for the
> Osprey-210.

What's wrong with using the Osprey-100 and a sound card for audio
capture?
--
= Warren -- Video articles: http://www.cyberport.com/~tangent/video/
=