[mpeg2] Re: saa7113 driver for other boards

You can get an saa7113.c that I (re)wrote from http://pvr.sourceforge.net/.
You'll need to check out the latest stuff from CVS though.

It should work with boards other than the WinTV-PVR.  Let me know
how you get on.

Simon
Co-developer, WinTV-PVR on Linux project.

> hey, i ended up with one of these asus boards, and stumbled across these
> drivers, apparently, they wont work.  here is the response i got to my
email:

> "The SAA7113 has to be controlled through an I2C bus, which on
> your card would be controlled through the video chip.
> Furthermore, the YUV data delivered by the SAA7113 has to be processed
> by the video chip and overlayed over the normal video.
>
> I think the ASUS card you mention has an nVidia chipset?
> AFAIK, some people somehow hacked together an I2C driver for one of
> the nVidia chipsets (don't remember which version or if they are all
> the same in this regard) but I don't think anybody (besides nVidia)
> knows how to control the YUV port and the overlay.
> Without information about this you can forget it.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index