[mpeg2] Re: problems compiling kfir.c with 2.4.17

In my experience...

When it works it works very well. Low bitrates (below 2Mbits/s) are not
fantastic but then MPEG2 isn't really designed to go down there anyway.
Analogue sources (VHS tape etc) give poor results because of the noise
on the signal (it doesn't compress ;-)

The real problems I've had have been conflicts between the board, the
driver and the motherboard. On some machines it simply won't work and on
others I've had no problems at all and am very happy.

I have had good results in creating Super VCD disks from KFIR created
MPEG2 files and archiving video material onto CD except when the capture
file gets too large (haven't worked out how to split it into two for
SVCD writing yet, the first half works great but the second is unusable
(help anyone?)).

Have fun.

Stuart

Jeff Bowden wrote:

> Stuart L. Morris wrote:
>
> >Bram Stolk wrote:

> >>I have the CVS version working under Linux 2.4.16
> >>

> >I also have the latest CVS version running under 2.4.17
> >

> OK, cool.  I haven't ordered the board yet, I wanted to make sure I
> could get the driver built first.  Thanks for the tips.  I had to
> comment out MX_OBJS and EXTRA_CFLAGS in the Makefile to get it to compile.
>
> How well does it work?  I am thinking to use it for archiving video from
> my camcorder.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index