[mpeg2] Re: KFir MPEG2 editing

GOPchop will do this for you.  I designed it using kfir streams, so I
think most of the bugs are worked out.  Check:

gopchop.sourceforge.net

I haven't found a single decoder that actually pays attention to the
"broken_link" flag.  I find this _highly_ irritating.  Since GOPs are
optional headers, I assume that these decoders are just cutting corners
and ignoring the GOPs.  To solve this problem in GOPchop, I would do two
things: the "correct" thing, which is setting the "broken_link" flag, and
then I actively remove all the B-frames from the video stream that follow
the first I-frame.  This appears to totally do the trick.  I also set the
"closed" bit, since now the GOP is closed.

Can you share your code with us?  In my most recent CVS, I wrote "mpegcat"
which will spit out all kinds of information about an MPEG2-PS file,
reporting locations, sizes, and flags of all the headers.

--
Kees Cook                                            @outflux.net

Home | Main Index | Thread Index