[mpeg2] Re: Frame dropping?

On Thu, Feb 28, 2002 at 03:54:40PM -0700, Warren Young wrote:
> Is anyone else seeing A/V synch problems?  I'm guessing it's due to
> frame dropping, but whatever the cause it's undeniable.  I didn't see
> this last year when I first played with this card, but until now I
> haven't been trying to encode 1-2 hours of video at a time.  Now I am,
> and by the end of the movie the audio synch is off a bit.

The frame dropping I've seen with kfir captures tends to involve losing
the tail end of a frame picture or two.  Sometimes it'll take audio with
it too, sometimes you'll have audio without the picture.

However, a good player should be able to keep sync between video and audio
even with stuff missing, I thought.  At some point I want to dig into the
sync info in both the video and audio streams to see if there is an actual
problem or not.

--
Kees Cook                                            @outflux.net

Home | Main Index | Thread Index