[mpeg2] kfir driver insmod no device found on 2.4.18 kernel

Hi,

   I have taken the kfir1 driver source from the
   cvs as mentioned in FAQ.
   I have using 2.4.18-3 kernel source that comes with RedHat
7.3.
   I have a customized kernel of 2.4.18-3 for enabling i2c and
others.

   The compilation went through fine after commenting the
MX_OBJS
   from the Makefile as these object file are not needed for 2.4
kernel.

   When I do an insmod on kfir
   #insmod kfir.o debug=1
   kfir.o: init_module : No such device.

   This is the error message I get "  kfir.o: init_module : No
such device"
   Please let me know, if there is any idea on this.
   Is there any minimal parameters required in .config file
   for kfir1 for which the kernel is built.
   Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks and Regards
Deepak

Thanks and Regards