[mpeg2] Re: mpex experience

Hi Andrew,

FYI:
I got /dev/video1 working with kernel 2.4.20 and the latest driver
(saa7134-20030822.tar.gz).
Of course, I had to work around pci_name and video_device_alloc/release that's
missing in 2.4.20.
I had to modprobe saa6752hs after modprobe saa7134 since it was not loaded
with it.
I ran mplayer directly on the video1 device and got video but no audio and an
awful lot of PAT with invalid CRC32. Don't know if you have any use of this
but...

Is it possible to turn of PAT and PMT generation in the driver?

/Thomas

On Friday 22 August 2003 17.14, Andrew de Quincey wrote:
> On Thursday 21 August 2003 23:20, greg wrote:
> > Hi Andrew,
> >
> > I haven't yet been able to capture an MPEG stream from the card using
> > Linux.
> >
> > If I try and read from /dev/video1 only 0x00 is returned. /dev/video0
> > works as expected.
>
> yeah, I'm still in the middle of fixing the driver right now. I should have
> a new patch available tomorrow.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index