[mpeg2] Another question about MPEX & PCR

Hi all,

sorry for the huge amount of questions, but...

I am wondering if the MPEG2 TS produced by an MPEX board is good enough
for a DVB receiver. I have been told that the DVB standard requires a
PCR every at least 40ms (the MPEG standard says 100ms). Can anyone
confirm this? If yes, I guess I have a big problem: the MPEX card is
generating PCRs at intervals of 40.357333ms, 41.360000ms, and 40.858667
(I found out this result by reading the values contained in the PCRs,
and computing the difference between two consecutive values).

Is it possible to change this? (I.E., is the hardware able to generate
PCRs every - let's say - 33ms, or is it only able to generate PCRs every
about 40 ms?). It seems that most DVB streams have a PCR every about
33ms (I am talking about PAL, not NTSC).

			Thanks,
				Luca
                               N O    W A R ! ! !

Home | Main Index | Thread Index