[vdr] Re: dynamic plugin system for extension?

Tim Lapawa wrote:

> Hi Klaus,
>
> your vdr project grows and many people developed extensions.
> For example the DVD and the MP3 players. I think a VideoCD extension will follow.
> What do you think about a dynamic loader for these extensions?
> I do not like these comparisons. But xine for example use a mechanims which looks for input plugins at startup.

I'll try to come up with an interface that allows for better isolating such extensions
from the core VDR stuff.
However, I believe it is sufficient if these are activated at compile time through
options like DVD=1 etc.
I must admit, though, that these things don't have too high priority for myself (except
for the DVD replay), so I might not spend too much time on them... My focus is on the
core functionality of VDR, and that's recording and replaying video.

BTW: your email address appears to be broken:

<tim@lapawa.dyndns.org>

... while talking to lapawa.dyndns.org.:
>>> RCPT To:<tim@lapawa.dyndns.org>
<<< 550 relaying to <tim@lapawa.dyndns.org> prohibited by administrator
550 <tim@lapawa.dyndns.org>... User unknown

Klaus