[vdr] Re: Turning OSD off?

Am 17.09.2001 20:00:00, schrieb Usenet-372111@zocki.toppoint.de (Rainer Zocholl):

>Background:
>If the recording should be copied to a an anlog tape
>it's not so funny to have OSD-Messages recorded too ;-)

If you just replay there are no messages.. it's the same as with a normal VCR.. if you don't touch it while playing, it won't "say" anything. And that what you have to do
when you want to copy something to another recorder.

>A solution maybe playing back on the non-primary display.

That's a good idea.. I already thought of a possibility to temporarily reconfigure the system to have two independant VDRs running on both cards for such tasks. Of
course it would be nicer to have some kind of archiving-mode which routes the replay-session to a free secondary card and still enables live-viewing on the primary.

>But: How to do?

Currently the only way is to have two or more VDRs running with the "-D" option on single cards.

>And: How if the second card is only a low budget?

Bad luck...

Greetings,    Marcus

Home | Main Index | Thread Index