[vdr] Re: A/V not in sync/Deleting (was: Re: Video Disk Recorderversion 0.95

On Tue, 18 Sep 2001, Koch, Steffen wrote:

> > Is it OK that deleting a 1600MB directory with "rm -R"
> > lasts almost 5(!)sec? (pIII-1000, efs2)
> I can verify this.... and now try to imagine when you delete 20-30 GBs..
> ;-))
> I thought it was the reiserfs. but it seems you have the prob with e2fs....

AFAIK it shouldnt depend that much on the file sizes but only on the
number of files. Anyway -- try rm -d (but read this first:

`-d'
`--directory'
     Attempt to remove directories with `unlink' instead of `rmdir', and
     don't require a directory to be empty before trying to unlink it.
     This works only if you have appropriate privileges and if your
     operating system supports `unlink' for directories.  Because
     unlinking a directory causes any files in the deleted directory to
     become unreferenced, it is wise to `fsck' the filesystem after
     doing this.
)

c ya
        Sergei